Established in March 1980, Nagarjuna Institute of Exact Methods is a center of Buddhist Learning, which serves the needs of the Buddhist community in the Kathmandu valley. It aims at enlightening Nepalese people about their own form of Buddhism, its philosophy and practice. Nepalese Buddhism is a unique tradition in itself. The nature of this tradition was observed centuries ago in Nalanda and Vikramasila Universities. Tibetan Buddhism was based on the same tradition. It has retained all the lineage and traditions of the Siddhas of India, Nepal as well as Tibet. For reinstatement of the glorious traditions and lineage of Nepalese Buddhism we have to seek the support from the four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. Nagarjuna Institute of Exact Methods aims at this very purpose of restoration through the following means :
- Conduction meditation courses like Margakrama (Lam Rim), Purvagata Carya (Ngondro Practice), Avalokiteshvara Sadhana, Bodhicitta Bhavana, Nirvikalpa Samadhi(Meditation on Emptiness) under the guidance of Nepalese and Tibetan Masters.
- Conducting classes on Philosophy and Practice of Buddhism in all its phases of development
- Organizing discourse programs from eminent Buddhist Masters.
- Translating and Publishing Buddhist texts into Nepalese and English Languages from English, Sanskrit, Nepal Bhasa, Tibetan and so on and vice versa.
- Conducting research projects on Buddhist culture, religion and so on on the Buddhist theme.
- Conducting seminars and symposiums on Tibetology, Nepalese Buddhist studies and so on.